Rock House Residency

Friday 7 August 2015

PANIC!

Starting to have a little bit of a panic now about my upcoming show.

Firstly, I have been quite ill. So haven't been able to get much painting done.

Secondly, whenever I have a show I really start to question my work. When you are creating so much work in a short period of time it is really hard to get distance from it and I just can't tell if it's any good. 

And the work for this show is really triggering my low artist esteem button. I think because the changes to many of my photographs are very subtle. And someone in my past told me that what I created wasn't valid because I wasn't changing the original photographs 'enough'.. whatever the magic 'enough' is. 

But the work for this show seems the most authentic work I have done. They are views and objects I see on a regular basis and they are truly things that please me. I am making the photographs 'right' for me. Cutting out the things in the image that don't interest me and highlighting the objects, lines and positive/negative spaces that do. 

I think that is enough. 


So here is a photograph of a happy boat!


No comments:

Post a Comment