Rock House Residency

Sunday 30 August 2015

Problems of non-traditional art space..

EEEK!

The hang had to be stopped for today... as the walls I had intended to hang the art on in the shop were too solid to use!

My glamourous assistant (my dad) and I spent the much of the day trying to figure out which walls we could hang on and which walls we couldn't... and then plan the exhibition around that. I am mostly happy with what we came up with.. but need to have a bit of rethink. So I will back again tomorrow for another go!


This is the frustrating thing about exhibition in a non gallery space - the walls are not gallery quality! I am now going to be using a very dirty wall to hang one of my paintings. So I am pondering whether to paint that wall or just suck it up and accept the flaws.

And there is a grouping of paintings that were never going to be grouped together.. and I am not sure they go! So am pondering them.

Also, we took down almost a wall of books and shelves that now need to go back.

So...

really and truly...


EEEEK!!



No comments:

Post a Comment